Here are Some Easy Projects That will Add Value To Your Home!
Some improvement projects will add more value to your home than others. Read on to discover our top suggestions.
- Tidy the lawn-Start from the outside; curb appeal is the key to adding home value. Before tackling any major landscape projects, tend to your lawn. Re-seed as needed and consider fertilizers and weed control products to increase the overall of your grass.
- Consider a Fence-This can add privacy and value, as well as enhance the appearance of your home. Wood and vinyl are the two most popular materials. Before you start check with your local township or borough and homeowners’ association for any restrictions on fencing.
- Lighten up– Adding an outdoor living space can be almost as valuable as adding actual living space to your home. Start by making an existing patio or deck space more inviting with warm, appealing outdoor light fixtures.
- Gutters-Not the most exciting project, but very crucial. Make sure they are kept free of debris and replace any damaged gutters. Gutters that work properly will protect other areas of your home, such as windows and doors, from water damage.
- De-clutter and organize-Clean up the clutter and maximize your storage space. A closet organizing system is an easy way to clean up and find a spot for all your things.
- Refresh-Updating the look of your bathroom can be as simple as replacing outdated fixtures with something sleek and modern. Consider a vessel top sink; they are the latest trend in bathroom remodeling.
- Upgrade Appliances-Updated appliances will look, run better, and give your kitchen more appeal. Stainless steel is the current standard, but if that doesn’t fit your budget, any new model will do. A kitchen upgrade will almost always bring you a good return on your investment.
- Finish your basement-If your basement is dry enough for finishing, go ahead and tackle the project. This is almost always a more cost efficient way to increase your living space and even outweighs adding a whole new room!
Dust off your overalls and get to work, you’ll be glad you did when it pays off!
- De-Clutter & Clean (cubesmart.com)
- The Curb Appeal Invitation (brooklynnybpo.wordpress.com)
- small bathroom remodel budget (stayingonbudget.com)